How many people would choose to put off seeing a doctor or nurse because they could not afford medical care is unknown. After all, the thought of paying for a medical checkup without insurance might be intimidating. With the development of telemedicine, however, such is no longer the case. The market for uninsured patients who require preventative care is also sizable.
Here are some things to think about:
- Approximately 30 million Americans don’t have health insurance.
- An annual premium of more than $3,400 is paid by the typical American for medical coverage.
- That’s a significant expense for many people, coming in at about $300 each month.
Because of this, a telemedicine industry can develop.
- More individuals will have access to low-cost healthcare since the overhead of running a clinic will be eliminated.
- The Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality reports that in 2016, the average cost of a trip to the doctor’s office was $265, ranging from $159 to $419.
- The average cost of a visit to an urgent care centre is $200, not including the price of any necessary treatments or diagnostic tests.
- Before committing to any sort of testing or treatment, it’s smart to inquire about costs. You have a right to know these details.
For any health issue, medical care might be too expensive. Without health insurance, the cost of a standard medical examination alone may range from $50 to $350, and that doesn’t even take into account any further lab work, x-rays, or other diagnostic procedures that may be necessary.
The price of a trip to the doctor
Dr Rob Rohatsch, Solv’s Chief Medical Officer, says that the price of a trip to the doctor might fluctuate substantially based on factors like:
- Species of Medical Practitioner
- Why you’re here
- Where you go to get medical attention, whether it be an emergency room or a regular doctor’s office
- To all of our patients, both new & old
- Any and all Treatments and Exams
- No matter your laboratory testing requirements
The Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality reports that in 2016, the average cost of a trip to the doctor’s office was $265, ranging from $159 to $419. The cost of seeing a general care physician, paediatrician, or psychiatrist was significantly cheaper than the national average, whereas trips to orthopedists and cardiologists cost significantly more.
As per the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality, the following are the approximate costs of a visit to the doctor if you do not have health insurance. Dependent on the aforementioned variables, the price may change.
The Psychiatrist’s Fee is $159
Cost of care for children: $169
Preventive care: $186
Sight Restoration: $307
$335 for cardiology
Everywhere Else: $360
Prices for orthopaedic care start at $419
Furthermore, your new patient exam may incur an extra fee because you are a new patient.